Pinchas Zukerman: Vaughan Williams and Elgar
Pinchas Zukerman records Vaughan Williams' The Lark Ascending for the first time in forty years, and conducts a debut recording of Elgar's In Moonlight in a recording that reflects the world-class artist's decades-long love affair with English music.
Featuring the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra alongside the phenomenal violinist and conductor, our 2016 recording on Decca Classics captures the very best of British sound.
This recording was released on Decca Classics.
Watch a preview:
ArtistsPinchas Zukerman Conductor/Violin
- VAUGHAN WILLIAMS The Lark Ascending
- VAUGHAN WILLIAMS Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis
- ELGAR Serenade in E minor for String Orchestra, Op.20 – 1. Allegro piacevole
- ELGAR Serenade in E minor for String Orchestra, Op.20 – 2. Larghetto
- ELGAR Serenade in E minor for String Orchestra, Op.20 – 3. Allegretto
- ELGAR Salut d'amour, Op.12
- ELGAR Chanson de matin, Op.15 No.2
- ELGAR Chanson de Nuit, Op.15, No.1
- ELGAR In Moonlight
- ELGAR Introduction and Allegro for Strings, Op.47